As the Director of the Center for the Advancement of Business Analytics (CABA) at UConn, I would like to welcome you and invite you to explore what our Center has to offer. The aim of CABA is to connect our researchers and students to companies and organizations who want to gain insight into their business practices and processes through Business Analytics. The Center draws upon the resources provided by the students in the Masters of Business Analytics and Project Management (MSBAPM) program and the researchers from the Operations and Information Management Department within the School of Business as well as various other disciplines throughout UConn.
We encourage local and out-of-state companies to contact CABA with their Data Analytics questions and concerns. Our goal is to be New England’s leading one-stop shop for Data and Business Analytics for local companies and beyond. We are proud to be part of the nascent renaissance in the Manufacturing and the Hi Tech industry in the Greater Hartford area and the rest of Connecticut and we are happy to be collaborating with leading companies such as Stanley Black & Decker and LIMRA who have contributed invaluably to the creation of CABA.
Please peruse the past projects that our Center has already accomplished to see a variety of ways to engage with CABA. We look forward to working together to enhance the analytics capabilities within your organization. Happy Analyzing!
Professor, Dept of Operations and Info Management
The mission of the Center for the Advancement of Business Analytics (CABA) is to be a
- one stop shop for ‘business analytics and data science’;
- value proposition for partnering organizations by developing and enhancing their analytics capabilities;
- outlet for faculty engagement – research projects, business interactions/projects;
- channel for knowledge dissemination – workshops, conferences, certifications, short courses; and,
- focal point for community services – repository of data, thought leadership, and newsletters.
- conduit for student engagement - projects, experiential learning, capstone, internships;